I don't see any progress regarding this issue. Could someone update me?
Regards,Ushau

On 02/14/2013 06:59 AM, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> On 02/14/2013 06:14 AM, Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
>> Since FreeSerif has glyphs for many languages, it is about 2 MB in
>> size, After doing WOFF or EOT compression for webfonts, size can be
>> reduced to 1 MB, but still not optimal for embedding it as such in a
>> page.

https://www.gnu.org/software/freefont/ranges/Thaana.html embeds a few
WOFF fonts that range in size from 230k to 785k.

I realize these are still too big.

--
http://hexmode.com/

There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.
   -- Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"