I want to clarify Steven's point, which was mostly clear but I want to make
sure the details and rationale are pointed out.

When mixing serif and san-serif typefaces using any random two font faces
is not acceptable, therefore letting the browser/OS arbitrarily choose any
serif to pair with any san serif isn't acceptable, if we're following any
rules about pairing typefaces. This is a major argument for keeping font
specifications for both body and header, to keep these harmonious.

*Jared Zimmerman * \\  Director of User Experience \\ Wikimedia Foundation

M : +1 415 609 4043 |   :  @JaredZimmerman<https://twitter.com/JaredZimmerman>