On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Brion Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> > ​Running Parsoid as a public service (with some soft-ish API limits)
> would
> > allow us to support the oft-cited user who has a dumb PHP-only box and no
> > means to install a node service, so that has my support;
>

> Yay!
>

> > however, I worry
> > that WMF might not be the best organisation to provide this if people
> > wanted it at large for commercial use.
> >

> Agreed... but if not us, then who?
>
> /me looks around at folks, wonders if anyone wants to commit to running
> such a service as a third-party that we could make super-easy for shared
> PHP-host users to use...

This is essentially the wordpress.com model for things like anti-spam and
analytics, right? Not that I'm saying they would do it, but clearly it's a
workable model at some scale.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

*This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*