On 5 September 2015 at 21:11, Alex Monk <kren...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 September 2015 at 23:19, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I don’t feel safe because there is a code of conduct. But I tell you
> one
> > thing that makes me feel unsafe – men who will endlessly, vociferously
> > argue against them. Maybe a code of conduct isn’t meaningful. But at this
> > point, refusing to listen, refusing to have one. Well, that is.
>

> This quote seems a bit sexist to me.
>
> Actually, I wonder whether the current draft of the code of conduct would
> allow you to send it here or not.
>
> On 6 September 2015 at 01:42, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 5 September 2015 at 19:11, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > It seems weird to me that the
> > > push (perhaps a movement, who knows) to implement codes of conduct has
> > > become so enmeshed with the ultra-liberal feminist movement.
> > >

> > Really?
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_the_United_States_Fighting_Force
>

> How is this relevant to what MZMcBride said?

Codes of conduct originated in what most people would consider the most
stereotypically male-dominated organizations. If you read the article,
you'll see that they had to update it in the 1980s to make it gender
neutral.  Gradually, over the last three generations, codes of conduct have
made it through to most sectors of the professional and business worlds.
It's hardly an ultra-liberal feminist movement that has led to this.

Risker