Tony Thomas <01tonythomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Scenario: I am new contributor looking at your repository (possibly
> would've contributed to couple of repos in the past in Github). As a
> maintainer of this repo, how do you want me to know that my interactions
> with your product, which might be, but not limited to (1) creating an
> improvement with you or the community on your extension (2) asking for
> review on an improvement with you or the community on your extension is
> secured under the CoC ?

This has already been addressed by me and others on this thread, but it's
worth repeating: in this scenario, your improvements to my software are
*not necessarily* covered by the Code of Conduct. If they occur on Gerrit,
Phabricator, etc. they are; if they occur by private email, over Skype,
etc. they're not. That's why I think the file in its current wording is
misleading.

> probably I think the push back would've been
> way lighter if  you would've (1) explained your case clearly there in the
> commit and (2) probably came up with alternatives so we could push forward
> and (3) not merged it yourself.

I don't believe there was any "pushback" - the current problems started
when a few developers noticed that one of my extensions didn't have that
file.

-Yaron