Gergo Tisza <gtisza at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'd still like the understand what the assumed harm is. Is this strictly a
> moral issue, where you want to avoid giving misleading information, but
> otherwise that information would be harmless? Or a liability issue, where
> your clients think that working on / using a CoC-covered extension makes
it
> more likely that they get sued or publicly attacked? Or do you think you
> might work with clients who might be deterred because they do development
> in ways that violate the CoC, and would be unwilling to change that? Or
> some clients might boycott such extensions for political reasons?

If I can put words in your mouth, it sounds, based on the specific examples
you give, like your real question is: how would I (and the people I work
with) feel about having the scope of the Code of Conduct be expanded to
match what CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md says? If so, that's a fair question, but I'd
rather not answer it in this thread - I've been trying to keep this
discussion focused on a few basic factual questions (is the CoC file
accurate? Is it mandatory?), and even that has led to a pretty wide-ranging
and heated discussion. So I'd rather not add another very big topic into
the mix. It might make sense to create a separate discussion for that
topic, though.

-Yaron