Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion on possible additions to the recruitment process.

I'm curious about the perception of TechCom being more community oriented
than the new process. During the time I was responsible for facilitating
TechCom it was entirely represented by Wikimedia Foundation staff, the
exception being when Daniel Kinzler worked for Wikimedia Deutschland. The
idea behind the current representation is to make sure the right
stakeholders are identified to help make a decision, not that the
representatives are voting on a decision or anything like that.

Regarding the public TechCom meetings. There aren't a bunch of secret
Technical Decision Forum meetings going on now that people aren't being
invited to. Is the desire to have an IRC meeting at some point in the
decision making process to gain input? Or are there other ways people think
would be better for contributing?

Thanks,

-Kate

--