-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of debbie fligor
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:37 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] University of Chicago Removes Wireless From
Classroom

We (politely) tell professors that this is a classroom behavior issue,
and that using a computer is no different than using a cell phone or
reading a newspaper -- you define what you allow in your classroom,
and you enforce it. I don't need wi-fi to play a game instead of
taking notes, and you can't stop the cell phones (although I'm sure
some would if they could!).  We also explain that an AP covers more
than just their room, like Tom says.

I don't disagree with what the professors want, it's just that turning
off the wi-fi wont get it for them.

-debbie

On Apr 24, 2008, at 13:30, Bret Jones wrote:

> I whole heartedly agree
>

> Thanks Bret
>
> Bret Jones
> Managing Director
> Technology Operations and Engineering
> The George Washington University
> 801 22nd Street NW, Suite B148
> Washington, DC 20052
> Phone: (202)994-5548
> Fax: (202)994-0730
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn       Network Engineer, CITES, Univ. of Il
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/fligor>
                    "My turn."  -River Tam