I agree that APs shouldn't be cut off. However, I do have a way to do it that
might work for you:

The PowerDsine Mid-Span power inserters (latest firmware) allow you to schedule
power off by hour
and day of the week. This doesn't help with classes that start on the half hour
or end 10 minutes
before the hour, etc. But, it is simple and effective if you can live with the
fixed schedule. The
unit presents a matrix of days of the week and hours of each day that you check
or uncheck to allow
or disallow power to the devices attach. A drawback is that every port on the
PoE inserter must
either obey the schedule or ignore it -- you can't have one schedule for port 1
and another for
ports 2-4, etc. Depending on your environment, you could possibly put all the
APs needing a single
schedule on one PoE unit and others in the building on other units. Units come
in 6, 12, & 24-port
versions. We have found these to be cheaper and easier to manage that the PoE
blades available for
our switches, though I still want a global manager for them. (Management is via
Web interface.)

This is not a suggested solution, just a description of one approach to AP
scheduling.

-jcw