On 15/08/2011 19:57, Taillon II, Kendall wrote:
We are in the middle of adding new 2960s Cisco switches to are edge. When
connecting our old 1200 series AP’s to the switch via POE, the switch
interface just keeps flashing. Is this because the old AP’s use the old
pre-standard POE? Our new 1142 series AP’s connect just fine. Is there any
way to have the older AP’s use the newer POE through the switch port?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/prod_qas0900aecd80322c37.html

...it should "just work"

Note however that _some_ of the 2960 series are oversubscribed for POE i.e. it can only power 8 APs on a 24 port poe switch, and only 24 on a 48port poe switch.

Exactly which model switches do you have? have you enabled CDP on the ports? If you're using gig ports, what happens if you set them to 100/full?

-James