From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of James J J Hooper
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 3:32 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 1200 Series AP's on a newer 2960s Cisco switch
using POE

On 15/08/2011 19:57, Taillon II, Kendall wrote:
> We are in the middle of adding new 2960s Cisco switches to are edge.
> When connecting our old 1200 series AP’s to the switch via POE, the
> switch interface just keeps flashing. Is this because the old AP’s use
> the old pre-standard POE? Our new 1142 series AP’s connect just fine.
> Is there any way to have the older AP’s use the newer POE through the switch
> port?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/prod_qas0900aecd80322c37.html

...it should "just work"

Note however that _some_ of the 2960 series are oversubscribed for POE i.e. it
can only power 8 APs on a 24 port poe switch, and only 24 on a 48port poe
switch.

Exactly which model switches do you have? have you enabled CDP on the ports? If
you're using gig ports, what happens if you set them to 100/full?

-James