From: Turner, Ryan H [mailto:rhtur...@email.unc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: Turning off 2.4 on a select SSID?

As I am approaching the problem, I think there is a middle ground…  The middle
ground is you elevate one SSID to 5 Gig only, and have a secondary SSID as 2.4.
 In our situation, it would mean eduroam would be 5 and UNC-PSK would be 2.4
and 5.  It creates an incentive for individuals to upgrade devices.  Also,
since 2.4 is so cluttered, I think it makes troubleshooting easier to always
know that if a client calls with an issue, you can know they were on the 5 gig
band if they attached to one SSID.  Makes isolating the cause of the issue and
replicating the issue much easier.