From the Cisco slides I’ve seen on the feature, when in dual 5 Ghz mode, one
radio acts as the high-performance micro cell for the 802.11ac clients and the
other radio acts as a macro cell with the legacy clients joining it.

As for the use of 40 GHz channels, at least in my buildings, the propagation of
5 GHz is so poor that I have absolutely no problem running every radio at
40-wide with no overlapping channels - all 5 Ghz radios running at full power.
This is even the case with our recent dense deployments where there are WAPs in
every-other room.

Jeff

On 4/7/16, 6:26 PM, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv on
behalf of James Andrewartha" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of