Not only do most students expect it, universities push their online learning platforms, performers appreciate it and you can hand them “on the cheap”, but there’s always the possibility that some are going to be used for convocation ceremonies…meaning lots and lots of happy grads and their parents who want to share over social media (else, beware of Spotted:Your Uni)
ATTENTION : L’émetteur de ce courriel est externe à l’Université Laval
Évitez de cliquer sur un hyperlien, d’ouvrir une pièce jointe ou de transmettre des informations si vous ne connaissez pas l’expéditeur du courriel. En cas de doute, contactez l’équipe de soutien informatique de votre unité ou hameconn...@ulaval.ca.
I can think of some performers who have actively encouraged their audience to take pictures/videos and share them (live) on social media.
Having decent connectivity obviously can support such activities.
Add me to the “install it” list as we’re going through this exact thing with our theater department. They have pushed back with concerns that “people would be using devices instead of watching the performances”. But that venue is used for more than just plays and we can’t stop people from looking at cell phones.
From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Community Group Listserv <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
On Behalf Of Dan Lauing
I'll jump on the install train. Every time I try to save the university money, it only comes back to bite me in the rear.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:11 PM Benedick, Jason <bened...@stevenscollege.edu> wrote:
dan b. lauing ii | CWAP, CWSP, CWDP
Wireless Network Engineer
This communication may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or if you are not authorized to receive this communication, please notify and return the message to the sender, then delete this communication including any attachments. Unauthorized reviewing, forwarding, copying, distributing or using this information is strictly prohibited.
- Theater wifi - to have or not to have Bull, Mary
- RE: Theater wifi - to have or not to have Lee H Badman
- RE: [EXT] [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have ... Michael Cole
- Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have or not... Hunter Fuller
- RE: Theater wifi - to have or not to have Hales, David
- Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have or not... Steve Fletty
- RE: Theater wifi - to have or not to have Benedick, Jason
- Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have or... Dan Lauing
- RE: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to hav... Thomas Carter
- RE: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have or not... Mike Atkins
- RE: Theater wifi - to have or not to have Yahya M. Jaber
- RE: [EXT]: [WIRELESS-LAN] Theater wifi - to have... Muraca, Peppino P.
- RE: Theater wifi - to have or not to have Gray, Sean