Add one counter-opinion. I tend to believe you **WILL** want coverage here,
and probably very soon; it's just what modern students expect.  But at the
same time, this can be a very costly project just because "someone will
need it someday".

**DO** add the switching and network drops to support the APs you'll need
to provide coverage. That part will be fairly cheap now, but grossly more
expensive afterwards. And **DO** have a bid in front of project planners to
handle the AP purchase, licensing, and installation. It's likely they'll
make the jump...

... but let those stakeholders make the decision.

We had a project recently where we raised some funds to install new
bleachers and do a cosmetic refresh (paint and carpet) in a gym. I
suggested that while the old bleachers were gone was a good time to improve
wifi support in the building and gave a cost estimate to the project
planners. They opted to do the wifi updates, but it was their decision.

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoeho...@york.edu <jcoeho...@york.edu>*

*Please contact helpd...@york.edu <helpd...@york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society