From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of A. Huppenthal
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 6:22 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: WAS [WISPA] INSURANCE NOW canopy prices

we're talking 900 mhz, right? I don't use Moto 2.4 or 900 mhz stuff.
never tried 2.4 and the 900 mhz didn't work for me - but it was a press.
some 15 miles with NLOS so.. it could have been a path too challanging
even for 900 mhz.

$295 for a 900 mhz radios is very good. You still have to add $100 for a
900 mhz antenna. I've stayed away from 900 mhz mostly because of the
learning curve and additional spectrum/antenna considerations. They are
much bigger of course than 5.7 or 5.7 antennas/reflectors for the same
gain, but that's obvious.

Still $260 for 5.7 ghz radio with spectrum analyzer built-in, audio tone
alignment, weights a few ounces, goes a few megabits / second, supports
vlan tagging, dhcp / nat / shoulder-spectrums / has snmp / is supported
by a network mass-firmware upgrade program (yes, its really crap, but at
least its *there*). I could easily do remote upgrades of 30 units at a
time without headache to move to new featured firmware - live, online,
no crap-outs...

Like I said, it isn't for everyone, that's for sure. It just was for me.

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

> I've never done business with them either, but their 100 pack prices
> is 295 each for connectorized.  Cheaper then some "roll your own".
>
> A. Huppenthal wrote:
>
>> I'm not a supplier, nor do I want to be one to the list, nor do I
>> want to research on behalf of the list.
>>
>> google:
>> motorola canopy SM bulk 100 pack.
>>
>> I picked the first couple of hits that showed prices.. That's it.
>>
>> I don't do business with Double Radius, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>> Brian Rohrbacher wrote:
>>
>>> 432631      Bulk Pack 50  900 MHz Subscriber Modules        BP9000SM-50

>>> $26,250
>>>

>>> Double Radius has 25 pack for  : $8,500.00  double to 50 pack and it 17k
>>>
>>> Will you please tell me who the Canopy major supplier is so I can
>>> avoid at all costs.
>>>
>>> The 100 pack is THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS cheaper at double radius.
>>> HOLY CRAP!
>>>
>>> Unless I am reading something wrong.......
>>>
>>> http://www.doubleradius.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.81/.f

TK10028

12/12/2005

>>>--