Have you actually seen these speeds? I have never seen a Star OS installation do more than about 17 meg aggregate. If you have seen this then by all means please share the details of the actual hardware used and configuration if you do not mind.
Thank you,
Scriv

noc.kl.terranova.net wrote:

VIA with StarOS on 5.2/5.3 will get 100Mb. WAR board might do same. - cw

John Scrivner wrote:

I need some feedback from the collective. I am looking for a backhaul radio link for my main tower. 5.8 Ghz is fully utilized at this location. It is only a 1500 foot shot. I would like at least 50 meg full or 100 meg half duplex. I would like this solution to be under $8K or so. 5.3 Ghz is pretty open here. Does a solution exist? I can lay fiber for about $12K or so. I am considering doing that but I think laying fiber for my main connection when I am a fixed broadband wireless provider sends the wrong message to my potential customers when Charter is going all over town selling fiber connections. I welcome your feedback.
Scriv