Matt/Paul/Others:  Thanks for the flow of info.

What hardware is preferred to run the StarOS on?  Most interested in the AP,
but for CPE as well?

I'm highly interested in bandwidth shaping and routing at the AP, and if
routing is available at the sector, then bonus.

Does the StarOS at the AP allow for:

1. Public IPs?  We use all public IP's (usually kept to 1 per customer).

2. Static IPs?  We route /30 subnets out to customers who require static IP
addresses.  That way they will never change even if the network does.  So, a
sub-question here is can we route multiple subnets to a single AP sector?

3. DHCP reservations? (We use DHCP reservations...a low-cost low-security
solution to tell who's using what IP address without authentication.)

Mark Nash
Network Engineer
UnwiredOnline.Net
325 Holly Street