Before I came to the WISP world, I had 13 years as a technician that had
customer contact and often did technical support over the phone.

I often was the guy across the counter when the customer was happy...and
when he was not.

I never cease to be amazed at stories of businesses with people on the phone
who have bad attitudes, who blame the customer, etc, etc.   I've learned the
customer is always right, at least in his own mind.   And you can tell him
he's wrong, but you have to use some tact and courtesy when you do.  And you
absolutely MUST be right, if you do.   After I left, a crisis in the
business I worked for  caused management to break some of those rules, and
that caused a serious downward trend.

I've found you can charge the guy twice as much as he thought he should pay,
if you things right and fix the problem right,and you can make an honest
explanation.   I've also discovered that goes hand in hand with surprising
him with NO bill when it's your fault and he thinks its his.   I know, I'm a
bit old fashioned, in that I think that relationships make or break you in
the business world.   Lots of people will say that people are fickle and
will jump to save 10 bucks.

Maybe WISP's share these traits.  Some will jump to save 10 bucks.  Others
are loyal to a fault.

If anyone, ANYWHERE who represents a vendor is on these lists and reads
this... and your company culture represents the faults described below...  I
can't imagine how you expect to stay in business.

I've used and still in the market to use Equinox antennas, even though some
had terrible faults.  Why?  Because they have honestly tried to resolve
issues with me.   They've gone above and beyond to fix things.   Do I see
comments from Pacwireless about improving thier 29 db 5 ghz grids?  Nope.

But Equinox has kept me informed and in the loop.

Honestly, that's a lot to say about a company.    Nobody makes perfect
stuff... But if they do thier honest best to make things right, it goes a
long ways toward keeping customers happy.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-