Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

The question I have for you is...

In two years, when your filing at the FCC includes the  addresses and IP
numbers of every customer over 200Kb/s, what will you do?

Hey, did you know tinfoil makes a really good hat?

As for me,  I will be eventually changing my service descriptions to remove
all references to "broadband" and there will won't be a "kb/sec"
designation.  And if the FCC asks, I do not offer "broadband internet".

This is just awesomely silly.

First, in order for that to be even vaguely plausible, you'll have to find a way to market your broadband Internet service without using the words "broadband," "Internet," "high-speed," "information superhighway," or "Al Gore." And without something that pretty clearly says WHAT you're selling, nobody will be buying. This may cleverly eliminate the problem by putting you out of business, but I don't think that's quite the endgame you had in mind.

Second, puh-leeze, give the FCC a little credit. They're not gonna buy your argument that you're not selling Internet service any more than the IRS buys the thousands of arguments a year about the 16th Amendment having never been properly ratified.

David Smith
MVN.net