I'll give you that, but when someone responds to my query for input with
a "forget them, we do it better / cheaper and there's no reason for any
other call centers", I take offense..

Ah well, that's business, but I sure would've liked this thread to be a
little more conversational...

Rick Harnish wrote:
Rick,

Please take no offense to this reply.  I haven't really been following this
thread until your last one and I read it because I enjoy reading your posts.

I reviewed your first post and the thread that followed.  You did ask for
input in your first post.

"Any input ?"

We do live in a free market economy and if someone is already doing this
cheaper than what your business plan is set for, is it totally wrong for
them to point it out?  Does that mean that you can't "do it better" at a
higher price?  As pointed out in other threads recently, cheaper is not
normally better.  If you are looking at a new business venture, your
research should generate an awareness of what other businesses are charging
and what kind of service that price includes.  If you think you can go head
to head and garner a market niche of WISPs as a WISPA member, then I think
you should give it a whirl.  As far as I know, Ron Johnson is not a paid
WISPA member.  If I were to choose a company as a wireless support center, I
would definitely weigh WISPA membership and experience heavily when making
my decision.

Maybe I am reading Ron's post in a different light than you are but I didn't
really see any strong attack on your post.  He merely pointed out that he is
in the business to do this and he is cheaper.  That in no way means the
other members of this list are going to flock to him for a solution.
I'm sure I will draw criticism from some whichever side of the fence I take
here.  I think it is a good topic to discuss and for that reason, I will
allow the thread to continue.  I personally will find it interesting to know
what it takes to run a call center.
Respectfully,

Rick Harnish
President