PS. UDP tests usually need to be run with Dynamic Modulation features disabled.

ISPs that delver telco grade services usually need to operate without Dynamic moduilation anyway, to consistently guarantee the link capacity available to tenants, and set at a speed that can deliver reliabilty consistently, in my opinion. I know some orthogon users may differ in opinion..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lonnie Nunweiler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Best system for a new WISP

Using the 533 MHz IXP-420 we can get an Atheros to just over 35 mbps
of non compressible data and almost 90 mbps of compressible data.

Lonnie

On 4/11/06, Travis Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Dan,

 We had this discussion a few weeks ago, although it may have been on
another wireless list.

 What processor and setup are you using to get 30Mbps? The fastest I have
seen with routerboard 532's in a p2p config is 20Mbps of TCP traffic passing
thru the RB's. Do you have outdoor enclosures?

 Travis
 Microserv

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I believe that the atheros chipset is capped at 35Mbps, although users of MT
have claimed higher using very fast cpu's.

I have several atheros/MT/nstream links (PTP and PTMP) that push 30Mbps….
Pretty impressive throughput, plus adjustable channels, plus QoS for VoIP
and all the other features available make a nice system

Dan Metcalf
 Wireless Broadband Systems
 www.wbisp.com
 781-566-2053 ext 6201