Get a 2.4 ap and a couple of cpe kits and do a small test install. If it looks good buy more.

One of the first things we'd need to know in order to really help you out would be more info on what your competition is doing....
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Goodin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 8:30 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Best system for a new WISP

I have been planning my WISP for about a year, and have yet to begin delivery of bandwidth to customers. My choice for service delivery was 802.11b, but with increased competition from other services nearby (about 5 miles away) I am wondering how to avoid problems. I have a 50' tower, and it is ROHN 45g. My choice for antennas would be 4 90 degree horizontal antennas. I have looked at bandwidth and shopped it to death. My best price is $400 from Lime Light. And I've built a couple of servers, acquired some switches and a router. The Router is a Cisco 1750.

My questions:

What CPE's and AP's would work best in this environment? I want to keep interferance to a minimum, as well as control costs. My environment includes lots of desert, and single story buildings.

Lee