Butch,
Most likely wispa will act on this. But, ultimately, it comes down to does the membership of wispa want to do this.

I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't the paying members that make up the wispa membership decide what wispa acts on or not?

It's not that I disagree with any of this, and I'm sure the other paying members of wispa and the rest of the board are interested in making a statement and will most likely act.

But Mark did not bring this up to the "membership". Just the open list.
Mark is a "member" and he should have brought this up to the membership and just tossed eggs at wispa from outside of wispa.

And I think his original post was at midnight last night chastising the so called "insiders" of wispa, accusing the insiders of being in with the feds for their personal gain even though he is a paying member of wispa and could have easily brought this up at some point in a more dignified manner without accusing the insiders of having some sort of conspiracy and dereliction of duty.

here is his original post:

"Or, is this issue like certain others, where WISPA founders take contrary positions to the rest of the members and side with big brother and encourage the feds to dig into and regulate our business, in some apparent hope of ingratiating themselves with the regulators?"

So what was his real message?

I'd like him to explain to the membership what "certain others" are.

I would also like to point out that everyone wants wispa to do something, but I only saw 1 person jump up and instantly try to give a solution. That was Peter R. and he isn't even a paying member of wispa, yet.

He does though contribute to the wispa promo committee and is very much interested in working with wisps and wispa in as an industry representative. Which I congratulate him on being right there for us when wisps who are in the industry won't even contribute anything.

Actually there was a 2nd and that was Pete Davis who made a darn good suggestion that would deflect costs away from the ISP and back towards the feds.

Now if we could just get more people to join in and help with some of the stuff wispa could be doing, we might be able to get more done and stay on top of things.

Right now there are about 500 list dwellers here and only a small percentage are paid members.

The paid members are MUCH appreciated, because even if they don't have the time to contribute, they at least contributed money to help pay the bills and keep wispa alive.

The rest of the list dwellers, who I will assume are in the industry or related to the industry also need to consider that the math is easy.
here it is

The MORE people who join in and contribute either with a little money or even actions and a little time will mean the MORE wispa can get done.

The LESS people who contribute, the LESS that gets done.

Remember, everyone has day jobs and businesses that takes up most of their time, so it's not like we have full time anybodies.

Sincerely

George