We have a legacy 900 omni at 750' AGL. It really reaches out and touches
remote customers, but it is visible to every other cell in the region and
affects channel planning.  Stick to sectors, they might be more expensive up
front but long term you will have more options.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:40 PM
To: Barry at Mutual Data; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 900MHz Omni and gain

Due to the eirp limits at 900 (36dB total) your antenna choice really should
take into account the radio gain first.....

Having said that, a lot of people put in the high gain 900 omni antennas and
don't seem to have much trouble with them.

I agree with the sector idea though.

The 900 that I'm using now is trango.  They have almost got the full eirp
built right in to the radio/antenna system as it comes from the factory.
The down side is that it takes 6 ap's to cover 360*.  That can get spendy.
Especially if you pay rent per antenna.

As a rule, we are sectorizing more and more sites these days.  Even the ones
out in the sticks.  There are too many other users out there showing up all
of the time.

latetrs,
marlon