We are common carriers. We no more have to copy peoples e-mail than the phone company has to record the contents of every call.

Tim Kerns wrote:

I caught a brief report on FoxNews today about a requirement for keeping copies of E-mail. It seems that we may be required to maintain a copy for use at later time for criminal courts. Anyone know of this or have more info on it? Is it every ISP or only Corporations. This could be disasterious..... sell alot of storage devices... The Foxnews report says the requirement begins today and as usual not a lot of detail.

Tim Kerns
CV-Access, Inc.

--
Blair Davis