From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:09 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Strange network issues "crosspost"

telnet:

arp -bcast off

Mac

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Todd Barber
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:01 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'

Chadd,

We experienced similar issues when our network was entirely bridged.  The
root of the problem turned out to be the ARP table in the Trangos we were
using as are primary BHs.

Once the number of clients behind the Trangos exceeded a certain limit the
ARP table gets corrupted.  Trango does not have a fix for this issue.

As a temporary fix you can set up a script to reset the ARP table in the
Trangos on a regular basis.  The command line for the 5800 and 5830 units is
"maclist reset".

We have moved to a mostly routed network which has greatly reduced the
number of MAC addresses seen by the Trangos.  This fixed the problem.

Todd Barber
Skylink Broadband Internet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
970-454-9499