Travis,

When you do want to power things down, I suggest one or many of these:
http://www.baytech.net/products/rpcseries.shtml

Not only can you remotely reboot items via a telnet console, but these
devices show True RMS current usage. A clamp meter will show you power
going one way, but in a larger environment full of AC->DC transformers
you can have a significant amount of current going back to the utility.
(changing a sine wave to a square always results in a little bit of
difference, at least, if my terrible diff-eq skills tell me!)

This return current can help to pop breakers as well. When I worked
co-location, the power company noticed my return current and "offered"
to place a filter outside my building at my cost $$$$$. We quickly got a
UPS that filtered this return for us!

Take a look, BayTech is a good Louisiana company that needs the business! :)

ryan