Hi Ryan,

My favorite AP setup for 2.4 is StarOS/Orinoco card/YDI amplifier/YDI 180deg sector antenna - however some of these parts are getting harder to find and/or don't work for a lot of situations. So here is the most common one that I am deploying as of late:

StarOS/prism2511/tranzeo h-pol sector

A WRAP with a 2511 will serve about 50 or 60 customers in 2.4.

A loaded up PC with four Orinoco cards and four sectors will serve about 250-260 customers. Some have said that you can do more, but that is the most I've been able to do at one site. If you don't need radius authentication, or want to use hotspot-style authentication, I'm sure that a WRAP board with one of the new atheros chipset b/g cards would probably be the most compatible with a CPQ.

FWIW, I have 1000+ subs on my staros access points, and the breakdown is probably 50% 200-15, 30% 80-15 and 20% CPQ radios. The CPQs are the best of them all for performance, reliability and ease of installation.

Hope that helps. I'll take a shot at the other issues surfacing in this thread later. :^)

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]