From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Webster
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 2:56 PM
To: WISPA List
Subject: [WISPA] recommendation for Client POE integrated radio for
802.11b/g

I'm looking for a good client radio to use in an emergency
communications
vehicle. My criteria are, POE, highest gain panel antenna possible,
scan/survey tool built in, web interface, 802.11b at minimum. I'm part
of a
ham radio emergency response group and we have our own comms van. I want
have a client radio that we can use on a push up mast to scan around for
an
open access point and grab bandwidth in an emergency on a scene. We
respond
with our county Hazmat team for support and the internet is handy. We
already have a Wild Blue setup and that will work when necessary but I
would
like to be able to use something with lower latency so we can implement
VOIP
at times. I have not studied the 802.11b outdoor client radios in a long
time and thought I would ask opinions here. Price is a consideration but
the
feature set is more important. Id' like to stay away from YDI/Proxim
just
because of their attitude on the phone whenever I have dealt with them.
If
any of you can point me to a link were I can purchase one that would be
great. Have a nice day.

Thank You,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com