-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 6:09 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] recommendation forClient POE integrated radiofor
802.11b/g

Matt Liotta wrote:

> Jack Unger wrote:
>
>> OK, I'll forgive the analogy but, in a real emergency, you have to do

>> what needs to be done.
>>
> Actually, in an emergency a public safety organization should make use

> of their emergency communication plan, which really shouldn't rely on
> unlicensed spectrum, a consumer access point, and a best effort
internet
> connection.
>
> -Matt

Probably 90% of public safety organizations' Emergency Communications
Plans have made use of ham radio operators for years and continue to
make use of hams today. A police officer isn't a communications expert
which is why many police departments and County Offices of Emergency
Services fund and support communications teams and vans manned by
trained hams, who are communications experts. The use of unlicensed
spectrum is becoming more and more the norm. To consider the use of a
consumer access point not as the primary means of communication but as
one of the many backup communications options is simply being realistic
and practical.

jack

*****Jack - someone mentioned in an earlier post something regarding the
difference between a consultant that tells you the rules or knows the
rules and one that don't. Are you a consultant ? and if so - are you
saying that using illegal means to gain internet access is OK ?

JohnnyO

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Newsletters Downloadable from http://ask-wi.com/newsletters.html

12/29/2006 8:22 AM