On Jan 24, 2007, at 8:25 PM, Rich Comroe wrote:

Thanks much. I love it when you talk technical! Sorry, couldn't help it...

No really, the devil is always in the details in these things. This is just the detail I was looking for. After I digest I hope I may send questions your way off-list. Still hoping operators using other brands will share what bw management algorithms they may have built-in.

If you are looking for a better understanding of some of the traffic control systems, the Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control manual is a good place to look. Starting at chapter 9, it goes into some detail on how some of the the algorithms available work and how to implement them.

http://lartc.org
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.html

thanks again,
Rich