George, I'm not sure if you got the note yet. But you guys are going to the Hoover building for that meeting! Into the belly of the beast! grin

What *I'd* like to see happen is two fold.

A: What the heck do we really have to do, in plain English please, in order to be compliant. B: You guys come up with a plan to put together a team to work with law enforcement on a WISP CALEA standard.

In a perfect world you'd come back with answers and the basis for the standards team to start working toward. You'd know what kind of people should be on the standards team and help put that team together. Then, by May we'll have a standard in place and we can all just say that we're WISPA CALEA compliant.

Good luck!
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Rogato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Form 445

wispa wrote:

You actually think that the "big guys" will actually let that happen?

Yeah, I can see it now, our upstreams turning CALEA compliance into a profit center.

Anyways if you want to bring your own tape recorder up to the feds and ask them some questions, go for it.

But the offer still stands.

Any reasonable question regarding the implementation of CALEA compliance I will be glad to ask.

George