WISPA has "responsibilities" to the Vendor members?  Yikes.  Isn't
WISPA responsible to the Members and Industry first?

I've resisted joining as a Vendor because I disagree with the
commercial nature of it all.  It is not the money, but rather the
principle.  When WISPA was being formed, I contributed about $2,000 in
direct cash and Server Licenses to induce others to pay up, yet I have
never been a member, let alone a FOUNDING MEMBER as some can claim.  I
got real discouraged to be throwing my weight behind the whole things
and the VERY FIRST act of WISPA was to allow Charles to act as if it
were his private list for marketing.  Why did they do that?  Because
Charles gave them some freebies and support.

WISPA has to decide if it is an Organization that is for Vendors to
market to members or is it an Organization for the Industry to
represent the needs of the Industry to Government, and other
regulatory bodies.

This period before elections is a good time have those discussions and
see where all the proposed board members sit on the various issues.

I for one would support a strict "no self promotion policy" in ANY
email.  Keep it to PAID ads (if you need them at all) and limit the
number of those that can be distributed.  A Vendor should be happy to
support the Industry and should not expect a return or special
privilege.

Lest people jump on me for self promotion, I'll point out that I
always try and point people to our Support Forums.  This list should
NOT become a free support arm for ANY Vendor too lazy or incompetent
to set up their own support lines.  This list should be for issues
that affect the Industry.  Your troubles with routing or bridging or
particular brand of equipment, although important to you at the time,
have very little to do with the Industry in general. There are other
lists for that and also Vendors should have their own solutions to
help you.

So, this is what my day looks like.  Now I'll get back to work.  We're
building 4 more towers this year and I get to run the Bobcat today.
It'll be fun after all.

Lonnie