I think that the standard e-mail signature should be allowed for any
member.  It is the blaent advertising that should not be allowed.
Dennis

On 5/17/07, Zack Kneisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I agree. That's what I was trying to get through as well, either
enforcement
of the rules or non-enforcement. Just make it equal across the board for
those who do or do not pay certain dues.

Zack

On 5/17/07, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I also think that WISPA really should do a better job of policing our
> lists.
> We now have enough vendor members that we're seeing some overlap and we
> have
> more responsibilities to them.
>
> laters,
> Marlon
> (509) 982-2181
> (408) 907-6910 (Vonage)                    Consulting services
> 42846865 (icq)                                    WISP Operator since
> 1999!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
> www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam

Is
> > that promotion, or an advertisement of the sort WISPA has been known
> > offer to paying vendor members?
> >
> > What if I don't disclose that I own SuperDeluxeEmail?
> >
> > What if I'm using a sock puppet to tell people how awesome
> > SuperDeluxeEmail is?
> >
> > What if, instead of being the owner of the company, I'm just a
minority
> > investor? Or "merely" a very satisfied customer?
> >
> > What if I think it's a lousy company and I want you to use their
service
> > so you'll think it's lousy and join me in publicly bad-mouthing them?
> >
> > There's a lot of subtle levels here.
> >
> > Honestly, IMO a lot of the value of this list comes from the fact that
> > lot of different vendors are directly, or indirectly, represented
here.
> > A little self-promotion is probably inevitable, and probably healthy.
> > (If you can't promote yourself and your business at least a little
bit,
> > you won't be in business for very long.)
> >
> > Giving WISPA money doesn't (or at least shouldn't) mean that everyone
> > walks on eggshells around your booth in the ongoing trade show that is
> > this mailing list, and doesn't mean that we'll overlook any problems
or
> > shortcomings in your product. Conversely, if you make a good product,
we
> > won't ignore it out-of-hand because you haven't yet tithed. (We'll
> > probably encourage you to do so, but...)
> >
> > If we're going to start treating some folks differently based solely
> > upon whether they're paying members of WISPA, this list loses a lot of
> > its value.
> >
> > David Smith
> > Employed by [[ That information is not available at your security
> > clearance, citizen. ]]
> > --

Dennis Burgess, MCP, CCNA, A+, N+, Mikrotik Certified Consultant
www.mikrotikconsulting.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]