The question is, is a certified motherboard used with a certified add-on
wireless card running Linux different than one running Windows?  Does a home PC
lose certification once the OS changes?  Part 15 offers no mention of
certifying software, only hardware.  Microsoft Windows is no more certified
than OS X or Linux.  Its not even considered. A motherboard tested has nothing
attached but a typical electrical load to test emissions.  Its all described in
the P15.

Truly, the FCC has final opinion but I think there would be a lot more than
WISPs affected by this if software became an issue.

Also, I have seen many wireless drivers which ask what certification domain
upon installation also.  Nowhere have I heard new drivers require
recertification on a PC.  This all would stifle innovation on a large scale.

We're talking about Mikrotik but this affects all OS in general. Granted it is
NOT legal to use RB hardware anywhere in the US, but we should concentrate on
RB's being certified as Class B PC motherboards (they do run  other forms of
Linux).  Then Ubiquiti simply needs to sell us certified add-on cards, pigtails
and antennas to put into our PC motherboards.

If you look at a MT system before you add the software, its a PC that can
certified using DoC assembly and software becomes a non-issue under existing
FCC law.

The only intentional radiator, can be certified by itself, like any other brand
of PCI or miniPCI add-on card, provided Ubiquiti is willing to call their cards
peripherals like Linksys and D-link already do.