Or fear that their competition is watching... it's bad enough I have my competitors actually climbing my towers to see what equipment I am using... it's hard to give any more info here... :(

Travis
Microserv

George Rogato wrote:
I wonder how many wisps who would usually discuss their infrastructure and talk about their issues and performance of the equipment they are using, etc, no longer say a word on this list because of the fear mongers who have them running scared?

We used to have lots of wisps discussing this stuff in detail, not any longer.

Matt Liotta wrote:
This has become a ridiculous thread. Dawn's customer experience is irrelevant in this case. Plenty of operators who have lots of customers (including me) understand and agree with the position presented. Don't kill the messenger! The FCC makes the rules; not Dawn or me or any of the other folks who have made accurate statements regarding certification. Use of certified equipment is required by law. Many people break laws for a variety of reasons, but that doesn't change the law. For example, everyday I drive over the speed limit and occasionally I am fined for doing so.

-Matt

Brad Belton wrote:
"How would the number of customers I had on my network have any bearing on
this discussion?"

Well, it's a lot like having a medical intern weigh in on what a resident is more qualified to answer. Certainly the intern is not to be considered a dummy, but the intern's general lack of tenure, real world experience and overall knowledge can not be considered equal to an experienced resident.

Questioning your ISP experience and specifically your fixed wireless
experience is certainly relevant to this discussion. Anyone that has scaled their operation beyond a few dozen or even a few hundred clients knows the difficulty and complexity is compounded. It is quite a different animal to
run an ISP with several thousand users behind it as compared to a few
hundred.

No offense is intended Dawn. I enjoy reading your posts and agree with your FCC Certification Crusade, but until you have walked a mile (or more in many cases) in the shoes of those you are speaking of many will rightly question
what you offer here as the gospel.

Best,

Brad