Sam Tetherow wrote:
Forrest, I didn't mean to be offensive in my email, or imply that you are doing anything bad with your billing/usage model. I was just stating my opinion concerning the increased usage of bandwidth by customers and the WISP industry in general.
If I came accross defensive, I apologize.. That wasn't my intent. I just wanted to clarify that, in general, we're trying to rid ourselves of exactly the same people that the cable companies are ridding themselves of - those which expect a full bore pipe for less than it costs us to purchase the bandwidth.
I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees that bandwidth usage will always go up, just like processor speed and memory requirements and we as an industry need to be ready to deal with it. The telcos and the cable providers seem to be doing a better job of it right now mostly because the medium that they have supports better upload speeds that most WISP infrastructure can.
We provide symmetrical service to our customers. 2Mb/s down and up... show me a typical Cable or DSL provider who can do that. In fact, most cable plants are severely limited in the upload direction just because of how the return path is configured (it all lives below channel 2).

-forrest

**
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **