Tom,
I'll answer your question and I need to change up the topic. In part I agree
and I am not set against working this out, but
Martin is setting up some bad and continuing precedence on how the FCC is
working within their legal purview. He is already
on the hot seat with Congress on some of his actions.

Topic Change:

I can guarantee you, I will be all over any actions that effect my current
business, as I was unfortunately too late to make
any difference saving our wireline business. Even when I co-founded the WBIA
back in Oct 2004, I knew it was too late, but I
have learned a great deal from it.

My take away was how much the deck is stacked against when your peers don't
give a hoot and unite under a common cause. But
even when we showed the willingness to do something, we were able assembly a
consult of people to help us guide our efforts.
Peter R., Jim Garrett and a few others can attest to what my co-founder Cynthia
de Lorenzi and myself were able to
accomplish.

Even though the RBOC's had tacit agreements underlying their competitive
opportunities. XO had their say about this,
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2005_Oct_21/ai_n15728657

They are using even more group power between them against the CableCo's with a
new service called, http://movearoo.com/.
Essentially this is a new wrapper around a company called www.WhiteFence.com,
and is powered by WhiteFence.

That said, the Wi-Fi industry IMO is heading down the same path unless the
alleged thousands of Wireless providers, big and
small all get together under a common effort. This goes without saying that the
vendor's themselves get with it as well.

I'll assume there is enough purchasing power to make a difference, that could
effect how companies view their relationships
with the wireless industry. Prior to my ISP life, I came from the Independent
automotive service industry, dealing in
replacement parts and service spanning some 30 years. I can honestly tell you
if were not for the trade associations in every
state, you may not be able to purchase replacement parts or take your auto to a
neighborhood service center.

We fought for many years in keeping open trade in automotive service industry.
Even when your car was going electronic and
computerized, the automakers tried keeping us out of the game. But, our
purchasing power with the tool companies and
replacement parts industries, provided us with a significant amount of leverage
in keeping the big automakers from locking us
out within their own monopoly.

Trade associations can make a world of difference, but only when everyone joins
in. And there is NO excuse, NONE, ZIPPO, NADA
for even a one-man shop or mom & pop shops from joining WISPA. We had thousands
of independent auto centers from one-man
operations and up joining in on supporting our efforts to keep their
livelihoods as safe as possible.

I will got out here and say it. There is NO excuse not to support WISPA, NONE!
So for all of you on this general list not
supporting WISPA, you are losing out on an opportunity to make your livelihood
last and support your families for years to
come. $25 a month is a small price to pay for some representation in a industry
that is supporting yourself and families. I
am sure you can find that much on wasted expenses every month.

It is also time for WISPA to come to grips with what they have accomplished
over the past year and stop walking over eggs
shells, thinking that you may hurt someone's feelings. STOP working for FREE!
It is my opinion, that even though WISPA is a
trade association, albeit a 503(c)6, it is still a business. A business that
needs capital to operate for the benefit of the
members. And a business that should be working for those members and be paid
for their efforts. A business that continues to
operate on a volunteer basis will most likely have a hard time taking it to the
next level.

I feel that the current WISPA membership and those to come, deserve a governing
board that can eventually work fulltime in
building this association like they are their own business. I see no issues
with bringing on an Executive director with an
extensive network or company, to kick start the momentum needed to drive WISPA
to the next level, thus having the BOD be
responsible for that management. This would allow even the current BOD to
participate at a level within their own time
capacities.

In closing, as a vendor member, I take it very personally when in supporting
WISPA I offer a fully-paid 1-year membership to
WISPA and the recipient of that could care less. At the last ISPCON show in
Chicago, I was glad to see the turn out at the
WISPA exchange and was going to add a few more memberships, but I sank back
into my seat after seeing the reception of the
first free membership be that of "so what". Let alone a thanks for it.

Respectfully,
Frank Muto
President
FSM Marketing Group, Inc.