Without traffic management standards and support, our roads would be a
bloodbath.

Without the FCC you wouldn't have an open frequency for anything.

As a Ham Radio operator for over 50 years, I appreciate the regulations
that protected the nursery for some of our greatest electronic
developments.

With the FCC bending to some political shenanigans we do have some
less-than-fair bias toward (ahem) a segment of the telecommunications
industry.  Granted.

And, on the whole...I'm not sure I agree with the remainder of W.C.
Fields' gravestone (although, they seem to be learning).

But, we have a new and fertile environment for exploitation and
interference.  If a major broadband provider made the sources of media
downloads (iTunes, etc.) either pay or suffer intolerable sluggishness (as
opposed to the provider's own fast-as-hell pay-for-songs/movies site) then
the provider is using their pipe to an unfair advantage.  That's Net
Neutrality as being presented to the FCC and Congress.  Broadband
providers, WISPA members included, are becoming a necessary utility.

Here in San Antonio, the rumor was that (ex-pres.)Ed Whitacre not only
didn't use computers but thought of e-mail as stupid.  He was reportedly
the source of the philosophy that AT&T owned the transport and that GOOGLE
was making BILLIONS off the connection and AT&T wasn't participating.
That's a perfectly natural perspective for an old timer with the
pre-CarterPhone mentality.  As a side note, however, I don't know where he
was during the 1-900 fiasco in the '90s.

However, we need to work together to present the positive benefits that we
bring to the population, like the TVA.  You can't argue with motherhood
and virtue and that's what the message is.  Flailing at boogiemen isn't a
help.  The fact that WISPA helps bring the bottom-of-the-list USA to the
top of broadband users' survey is!

. . . J o n a t h a n