Charles Wu wrote:
> Even thought this thread is a bit old, couldn't help but add my 2 cents (as
> there seems to be a resurgence of "puff" in this space)
>
> DISCLAIMER: I am also a vendor of various WiMAX 802.16d systems - so feel
> free to apply your necessary 'BS' filter

What I find most interesting in the wireless space is the fact that the
most wireless savvy people I know roll their eyes when WiMAX is mentioned.

I'm not sure the reasons for this, but it seems to do with the over
hyped expectations, as well as the fact that WiMAX really "works" only
for those people who (a) have already bought spectrum rights, (b) are
willing to buy a bunch of other equipment, (c) or have situations where
the unlicensed spectrum is already too crowded.

I'd love to know more about WiMAX, but I seem to get one extreme or the
other from those I talk to -- it either solves world hunger, or it's a
giant piece of crap.

Obviously there has got to be a happy medium (a giant piece of crap that
solves world hunger, perhaps?)