I am starting to wounder about this issue myself....

Sunday, I replaced an old,(6 years in service!), Hermes I based AP, (base mounted radio, top mounted 1W amp, 150ft LMR-400) with a top mounted RB532A 5.8GHz backhaul and 2.4GHz AP.

The radio card for the AP is an XR2 into a 9db Comet omni.  8ft of LMR-400.  Set in B/G mode.  Preamble set to both.  CH9.  All other settings, except ESSID are default.

Connected to this AP was quite a mixture of clients, including:

Tranzeo CPE-80, CPE-90, CPE-200, CPE-CPQ
Lucent Hermes I client
Senao CB3, EOC-2260
Ubquity NS2

Notes on the change.

Sig strength reported by the mt range from -51 to -92
Thruput on the AP tripled. tests to my laptop while standing at the base exceeded 7Mb/sec which saturated my fiber.  tests before the change could not exceed 2Mb/sec.
The Tranzeo cpe-80 would not stay connected.  it would connect and disconnect on a 5 sec cycle.  replaced it with an eoc-2260
The B clients, all 6 of them, have stayed connected since power up.
The NS2's, all 5 of them, seem to disconnect/reconnect in a block once or so a day.
some of the remaining G clients, 4 of them, seem to disconnect/reconnect  in a block in 8-9 hours
the remaining G clients, 4 of them, are all over the place.  from 18 hours to 1 hour.  I would not read too much into this however, as some of my users power their radios down when not in use.
The NS2's are all reported with anything  from 1Mbps to 54Mbps as the tx rate but are always reported with 1mbps as the rx rate
The NS2's are all reported with a radio name.  Nothing else shows a radio name.

The things I wounder about are the radio names not being reported, and the NS2's showing a 1Mbps rx rate all the time.

Hope some find this useful, and any comments would be appreciated.

Blair

Travis Johnson wrote:
This is NOT just a MT/Tranzeo issue. If you search the forums, people were talking about this issue over 6 months ago with various clients. We are running 100% MT (AP and clients) and we see the issue across ALL of our AP's.

Travis
Microserv

D. Ryan Spott wrote:
Steve and Eje,

There is a bit of a forum thread here describing the issue:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24971

Tranzeo and Mtik are working on it.