Mike,

I absolutely see where you are coming from.  Internet usage is changing, and
to keep up with it you have to offer higher throughput... at least at the
base station/AP... to have a reasonable oversubscription rate.

At the same time though I don't see how a vendor can create that magic 100Mb
PtMP wireless product.  Sure you could bond 4 15MHz Channels on the Canopy
400 series and come close... but do you have 60MHz of available spectrum per
AP?

I think what has to happen is to change the business model if you're in a
region where you have to compete head to head with Cable/DSL.  I don't see
the wonder product coming anytime soon... and even if vendor X said it was
coming... it would probably come to late as people are going to demand more
and more.  What is at fault is the as much as you can eat style of providing
bandwidth... once that changes and becomes acceptable the gear out there
today will be able to meet the demand I think.  But until the big boys clamp
down hard on usage... it's hard for a WISP to compete if your clamping down
and they are not.

Anyways... I think the equipment manufacturers are going to continue to push
themselves to deliver that next best product... because if they don't
someone else will...

Daniel White
3-dB Networks
http://www.3dbnetworks.com