I've got one tower with a single client so I opted for a Bullet on it
as an experiment. It works surprisingly well although I prefer all the
bells & whistles on a RB or WRAP. At any rate, I bet your right and
its the lightning protector. I've had some strange issues with
lightning protectors in the past.
-RickG