I disagree on the electrical tape.  Every climb where I see electrical tape
the stuff is remarkably frail.  A stiff breeze would peel it right off.
Maybe 3M is way better then whatever I saw.

The tower climber I have to use for a couple towers lead me to these and I
love them:
http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=455824&eventPage=2

They can get tighter due to finer distances between ridges and last
"forever".  As was said, these things are razor sharp once cut.  Just last
week I cut my finger on one of these and didn't notice it for a good while.

I can't think of anything to add to that list since you posted it but I'm
sure someone will get an idea =)

Good list to have!

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle