When I was a young man, a writer, I was idealistic and ready to
conquer the world.  In short order I grew up and lost my
idealism.  Since starting this business I have regained some of that idealism.

My experience is the opposite.  I usually take care of those
customers who need minor help with things THEY consider part of MY
network.  I would not have gone overhead unless  there was no way to
trench.  Direct burial cable is cheap.  A trench can be made with a
power edger with a new blade.  An aerial should be tied to a
supporting rope or wire.

Most of my customers knew they couldn't get Internet except slow
dialup before we came along.  Is it loyalty?  A new company has been
selling in my county off of their cellular towers.  I have only lost
2 customers to them.

Never underestimate the power of good customer service.

Mike