You can fight it or you can comply with it.

When we get such notices (and we do get them fairly often), we contact the
customer and ask them to remove the Licensed Content, and or shutdown the
"Peer-to-peer" sharing they are running on their system.

In 95% of the cases, Our customer of Record, is not aware of such a service
running, it is one of their kids running it, and have no problems in
removing content and or shutting down the bit torrent service.

In rare cases, when the person is aware of what they are doing, we inform
them of our AUP policies, and tell them they need to take Licensed content
off line from public access. Which is good for them and also for us,
(administratively) and our network.

Have not had anything escalate neither with the Customer nor the Folks who
are sending us the DCMA notices.

If you choose to Fight or Ignore, then you have to be prepared to deal with
the possible escalations of legal proceedings.

We officially take the attitude that a sub $50/month customer is not worth
our admin staff spending hours of their time fighting over who is right and
who is wrong...

Your stance, opinion and mileage may vary !

Faisal Imtiaz
SnappyDSL.net