Thinsulate is good and light.  Redwing has some insulated lace up
boots with Thinsulate.  They have fiberglass shanks and fiberglass
toes instead of steel -- supposed to be safer for electricians.

I think the Wrangler jeans with Thinsulate in them are awesome.  It's
warmer than long johns and regular jeans.

Wool socks, with a silk under sock is the answer for warm feet.  Some
people just use thin tight socks as the first layer, but the two
layers is the answer.

Thinsulate gloves are the best going.  A pair of tight goatskin or
deer skin gloves will give you some dexterity.  Use a larger pair of
gloves with Thinsulate in them over them when you don't need the dexterity.

I don't mind the cold.  Wind and wind blown snow are my bane.

Mike