Go to the 5ghz version and you'll probably fly!

Bob-

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of AJ
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:09 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] UBNT "M" Was: Ubiquiti made no points today

Wish I could get speeds like that :)

Have a pair of NS2Ms set up right on on a P2P link to bridge between a
DOCSIS modem in a power supply cabinet to an employee that lives 3/4 mi away
LoS and can barely keep it up to 13 meg up/down... Running the latest
Beta... Doesn't help the noise floor bounces around -85 to -80 all day long
(I can see 26 different consumer routers from both sides of the link) from
the nearby subdivision...

----

----

> On Apr 14, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
>
> > ...not using MIMO mode ... ? what antenna are you using ?
> >
> > Using the Rocket M5 without the Ubiquiti Antenna's is like driving a
> > sports car with all flat tires :)
> >
> > There is a good documentation on the UBNT forum on how to verify the
> > bad/defective units....
> > Testing them , have two units sync/link to each other, reduce the power,
> > little bit at a time.. you will see a 6 to 9db difference on the two
> > chains (Hpol/Vpol)... normal units will show either the same signal
> > level or off by a couple of db's..
> >
> > Faisal.
> >
> > On 4/14/2010 11:34 AM, RickG wrote:
> >> Upgraded to version 5.1.2 prior to installation. Still poor
> >> performance. Not using Mimo mode. Using as an AP on a repeater. Having
> >> no luck connecting to it with another M unit as CPE. Think its a bad
> >> radio(s)?

> you

> of

Nano