I agree it's overall positive but for the life of me I can't get them
to add changepassword on log in to new Gmail accounts.

Such a tiny thing and I keep mentioning it, but it's the "I'll have to
ask ______" who has to ask someone else.

On 4/30/10, Mark Nash - Lists <markl...@uwol.net> wrote:
> It's been love-hate.
>
> We've actually been using it since January 2008, for billing and scheduling,
> tracking leads, etc.  We purchased the Imagestream Rebel router to work as
> the Bandwidth Manager Unit (BMU) later that year, but never put it into
> place.  This was primarily because we didn't trust Powercode tech support to
> help us when we had a problem with it.
>
> Things were dicey & sketchy with Powercode for awhile.  We think the tide
> has turned with the company, being bought out by Bertram Wireless.  We like
> better what's going on with them now, and we have upgraded to their version
> 9 with a substantial increase in monthly cost.  We did this because we
> wanted the bandwidth management integrated with our billing platform, so
> that a low-cost customer service agent could pretty much help a customer
> with whatever their needs were.  We felt that it was time to "make or break"
> with Powercode, or switch to another platform (painful but maybe necessary).
>
> Powercode, the company, has been working well with us to resolve our
> problems.  They seem to care about having our business more than they used
> to, as they are responding to us and addressing our concerns.  In fact, the
> other day, I requested a new feature...seemed like a simple one but most
> times feature requests fall on deaf ears. Powercode has built-in
> troubleshooting utilities like ping-flood (web-interfaced billing server
> initiates the command and the BMU runs it and reports back the results to
> the billing server then back to your web browser).  Well, I wanted those
> results to be logged in the customer account (PC has EXTENSIVE logging).  A
> week later, that feature was released on an update.  Now, whenever any
> customer service agent runs a troubleshooting utility in Powercode, it is
> logged on the customer account and stored forever.  So, we immediately began
> having our installers running their tests from within Powercode before they
> leave the install.  Now we have 3 tests logged for initial performance of
> the connection.  Anyway... pretty good turn-around on my request.
>
> I was at a turning point a few months ago, sending out an email to everyone
> to begin searching for a new OSS because we weren't 100% on our features.
> Being 100% on features, I felt, will save us about .5 FTE.  If we aren't
> there, and are paying the high price of v9 Powercode...not worth it.
>
> They're working with us and I hope to be 100% in a week or so.  Their new
> pricing has good economy of scale, too...affordable from day one...expensive
> in numbers but advanced features will save you people time at this point.
>
> All-in-all, still I think it has been a positive adventure with Powercode.
> I'm glad the product has a better managed company behind it now.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.”
--- Winston Churchill